Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why Dyslexic Dreamer?

This is who I am.  I have dyslexia.  I have known this since 5th grade.  While improvements in reading and comprehension in dyslexics can improve over time there is no cure.  Dyslexics must learn to adapt to the world while dealing with this condition.  The effects can be made worse when a dyslexic is tired, sick, or does not continually work on reading, writing, listening, or math.  This can all be very taxing!  Some days I just want to scream out in frustration.  On my worst days it takes me forever to remember how to spell *of*.  This is a real problem for someone working towards her teaching degree in English.  Yes, even I think this is a crazy goal sometimes. 
Well, this is a quick start on me for y'all.  Talk at you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment